It feels like Vegan MoFo all over again, I’ve been posting so frequently since the end of my computer woes. And now. . . here I am, again! But I couldn’t let the evening go by without popping in for Wellness Weekend, now, could I?
Before we get started, please don’t forget that I’ve got two giveaways on the blog right now! First up, enter to win a bag of antioxidant-rich cocoa with a secret ingredient boost on this blog post (and see a yummy recipes for a Breakfast Bake with luscious melted chocolate-almond butter on top). Contest continues until Monday, November 7th at midnight.
Second, you can win one of two signed copies of my friend Amy’s fabulous cookbook, Simply Sugar and Gluten Free, by commenting or linking up up a festive recipe on this post. The giveaway continues until 11:59 PM on Wednesday, November 9th.
* * * * * * * * * * *
Last week’s Wellness Weekend was the biggest and best yet–thank you! I absolutely adored all the wonderful recipes you folks submitted. This is getting serious: I mean, when am I going to cook up all these fabulous foods? (My holidays from the college are coming up in January. I promise to do my best).
From among the thirty-six stellar entries, we had every kind of side dish, main dish, dessert, snack and even seasonal beverages. Here are just a few of the great recipes on the theme of “Surprise Me!”:
Samosa-Stuffed Twice Baked Potatoes from Triumph Wellness. This surprise pairing may at first seem unlikely, but it sure sounds delicious to me!
Lemon-Walnut Stuffed Avocados from The Tasty Alternative. I love avocados so much I generally eat them all on their own. What a lovely surprise to have them stuffed with even more good ingredients!
Chocolate Kale Chips from Cupcakes and Kale. Surprise! You got chocolate on my kale. You got kale in my chocolate. Jess swears they’re delicious–and I’m going to have to find out.
And the Reader’s Choice this past week was:
Simply Scrumptious Soft Pumpkin Cookies from Whole New Mom! No surprise here–these look amazing. 😀
Thank you to every one of you who played along by submitting your recipes! I love seeing what you all make each week. Looking forward to the next batch of amazing recipes!
Please join us for Wellness Weekend this weekend! There are so many options for healthy foods. . . whether or not you’re vegan, remember that many salads, veggie side dishes, pasta dishes, desserts, smoothies, and more are naturally vegan and can all be included! 🙂
Here’s How to Participate (PLEASE READ THESE GUIDELINES CAREFULLY BEFORE LINKING UP!):
- The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a recipe you made (and posted about) within the past week that contains health-supporting ingredients (see list below). Use the Linky Tool at the bottom of the page. Please do not link more than once to the same web page!
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page. The post must contain a recipe.
- You may submit more than one recipe, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL PER POST, PLEASE.
- Please be sure to mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
- As always, I hate to remove links, but will do so if they don’t comply with the guidelines.
What your recipe CAN contain:
- Any good-for-you, whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome!
- Natural sweeteners (coconut sugar, agave, brown rice syrup, maple syrup, stevia, Sucanat, rapadura, coconut nectar, yacon syrup, etc.)
- Vegan ingredients (even if you’re not vegan, OF COURSE you can still play along! You’ll be surprised at how many foods are naturally vegan; and if not, there are many subs you can use for eggs, milk or butter–include vegan options and we’re good to go!).
- Note that this is NOT AN ACD-ONLY EVENT. Any real food ingredients that are sugar-free and vegan are more than welcome–so use that maple syrup, those mushrooms, that nutritional yeast, miso, etc! I’m just looking for healthy, whole foods recipes. 🙂
What your recipe cannot contain:
- White flour, white sugar, or any highly refined, highly processed ingredients (note that regular brown sugar is actually refined!);
- Anything almost entirely artificial (ie, most boxed mixes, fast food, faux “cheese,” faux “meat,” or margarine, unnaturally colored cereals or other foods, etc.);
- Animal products (meat, chicken, fish or seafood, or their by-products, gelatin, eggs, dairy, butter or honey).
“Hey! Why was my entry removed?”
- The most common reason entries are removed is because they don’t adhere to the guidelines: either they don’t contain a link back to this post, they contain ingredients that aren’t listed here, they are a re-post of a blog entry that is more than one week old, or they contain neither a recipe nor anything directly related to food preparation. If you render a recipe vegan-friendly by adding a vegan option to your ingredients, your post will be good to go! For older posts, you’re welcome to re-post them during the week of the event, or choose a newer recipe.
- Another reason posts are removed is because the link leads to an advertisement or a business blog. Please do NOT link up posts that are merely referrals to a different post or the home page for another blog event.
- Only one thumbnail per post, please. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky. 🙂
- I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE read the guidelines before posting!