It’s the first Wellness Weekend in March! Whoo hoo!
As spring makes its (leisurely) way to our city, my thoughts are turning to different kinds of meals–faster, lighter,
more powerful than a locomotive more springlike in their flavors. I was thinking about a theme from last week’s submissions and Genevieve suggested “raw foods.” What a great idea! But before we get to picks from last week. . . .
- I’m Feeling the Ellen Love! Just in case you didn’t hear me shriek when I found out, Ms. Ellen has featured one of my recipes on her “Going Vegan with Ellen” site!! I couldn’t be more thrilled. And thanks to reader Weisserose for letting me know about it!
- The Kitchn Best Healthy Cooking Nomination. The excitement never ends here at DDD! This blog has been nominated as one of the “Best Healthy Cooking Blogs” in the Homie Awards over at The Kitchn. Thanks to whoever nominated/voted for it!
- Interview on Gluten-Free Find. The lovely folks over at Gluten-Free Find asked to interview me on their site (will I ever live up to their introduction?) Hop over to find all kinds of amazing gluten free resources and see the interview.
And now, on to our favorites on the theme of “raw (or no-cook) food”. There were so many possibilities, but here are three of the many:
- Hemp Seed Fudge Bites from The Veggie Nook. Like raw truffles. . . only better.
- Raw Apple Chips from Dishes and Dishes. A great way to enjoy all the benefits of apples, on the go!
- Peanut Butter Toffee Dairy-Free Ice Cream from Sugar Free Mom. Mostly raw, anyway–and who could resist this? 😉
And this week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory: “Pad Thai” Spaghetti Squash from Cats in the Kitchen. I’m in love with this use of spaghetti squash!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet: Coconut Secret Bars/Homemade Healthy Mounds from Tessa the Domestic Diva. You folks sure do love your coconut!
Thank you to every one of you who played along by submitting your recipes! I love seeing what you all make each week. I always look forward to seeing what you’ll come up with!
Please join us for Wellness Weekend this weekend! There are so many options for healthy foods. . . whether or not you’re vegan, remember that many salads, veggie side dishes, pasta dishes, desserts, smoothies, and more are naturally vegan and can all be included! 🙂
Here’s How to Participate–PLEASE NOTE NEW GUIDELINES!!
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients (see list below). You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link more than once to the same page from your blog.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page. The post must contain a recipe.
- You may submit more than one recipe, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE.
- Please be sure to mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
- As always, I hate to remove links, but will do so if they don’t comply with the guidelines. I will try to email you to let you know, but I can’t always do so–if you’re wondering why your post was removed, you can email me, or read the last section below.
What your recipe CAN contain:
- Any good-for-you, whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome!
- Natural sweeteners (coconut sugar, agave, brown rice syrup, maple syrup, stevia, Sucanat, rapadura, coconut nectar, yacon syrup, etc.)
- Vegan ingredients (even if you’re not vegan, OF COURSE you can still play along! You’ll be surprised at how many foods are naturally vegan; and if not, there are many subs you can use for eggs, milk or butter–include vegan options and we’re good to go!).
- Note that this is NOT AN ACD-ONLY EVENT. Any real food ingredients that are sugar-free and vegan are more than welcome–so use that maple syrup, those mushrooms, that nutritional yeast, miso, etc! I’m just looking for healthy, whole foods recipes. 🙂
What your recipe cannot contain:
- White flour, white sugar, or any highly refined, highly processed ingredients (note that regular brown sugar is actually refined!);
- Anything almost entirely artificial (ie, most boxed mixes, fast food, faux “cheese,” faux “meat,” or margarine, unnaturally colored cereals or other foods, etc.);
- Animal products (meat, chicken, fish or seafood, or their by-products, gelatin, eggs, dairy, butter or honey).
“Hey! Why was my entry removed?”
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link.
- The most common reason entries are removed is because they don’t adhere to the guidelines: either they don’t contain a link back to this post, they contain ingredients that aren’t listed here, they are a re-post of a blog entry that is more than one week old, they link to another blog event, or they contain neither a recipe nor anything directly related to food preparation. If you render a recipe vegan-friendly by adding a vegan option to your ingredients, your post will be good to go! For older posts, you’re welcome to re-post them during the week of the event, or choose a newer recipe.
- Another reason posts are removed is because the link leads to an advertisement or a business blog. Please do NOT link up posts that are merely referrals to a different post or the home page for another blog event.
- Only one thumbnail per post, please. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky. 🙂
- I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE read the guidelines before posting!