Welcome to this week’s Wellness Weekend! It’s exam week at the college where I teach, so as you read this I’m probably up to my eyebrows in marking. But that needn’t stop YOU from cooking up fabulous, healthy recipes! Last week’s entries were creative and delicious, as usual. And there’s lots going on in the blogosphere. . . .
- Mega Ebook Sale: LAST TWO WEEKS to order any two of my ebooks for just $10.95! Sweet Freedom does contain some recipes with spelt and/or barley flours, but Anti-Candida Feast, Desserts without Compromise, and Good Morning! Breakfasts are all gluten free and ACD-friendly. For more details or to purchase, click here.
- A new blog event, Raw Foods Thursday, is being hosted by Heather at Gluten Free Cat. Join Heather each week for a raw food party–and link up your own dishes, too!
- Sunny from And Love It, Too is running her second annual Healthy Lunchbox event, featuring posts from guest bloggers all month. Head over and take a peek at all the great lunchbox ideas for kids–or anyone!
- You can still enter to win some NuNaturals stevia from Amber at The Tasty Alternative. Giveaway ends August 19th, so hurry over to enter!
- Kim at Cook IT Allergy Free is giving away two subscriptions to the new Simply Gluten Free magazine! Win a full-year subscription by entering here. Ends August 22nd.
- Finally, here are a couple of my articles on other sites that might be of interest: Easy Ways to Make Whole Grain Cereals at Home on The Balanced Platter; and “Why Not Eat in the Raw This Summer?” over at Fitalicious.
Do you have a blog linky event, giveaway or other event you’d like me to mention? Send me an email with the details and I’ll include a few each week (depending on how many requests I get, I may not be able to include them all).
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY. I will list the events under “Newsy Tidbits” for you if you send me an email.
This Week’s Picks:
I want to hang on to summer as long as possible, so here are some summery recipes I’d love to try:
- Sweet Mango, Banana and Spinach Ice Cream from Green Thickies. I’m a long-time fan of greens in sweet recipes, so this sounds great to me.
- Kohlrabi Mango Mint Salad from Fox in the Kitchen. The one time I tried kohlrabi, I wasn’t too keen, but I love mango and mint, so this salad is my “try-again” recipe.
- Thai Basil Tomato Salad from Bring Joy. Looks like a fabulous way to use that overflowing basil in my garden.
- Raw Beet Ravioli from For the Love of Food. I’ve tried raw ravioli at a local restaurant here, and fell in love. This version looks equally alluring.
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
- Readers’ Choice, Savory: Cauliflower Tortilla Tacos from Gluten Free Happy Tummy. Caralyn amazed us all once again with her creativity in the kitchen. . . can’t wait to try these.
- Readers’ Choice, Sweet: “Uncool” Fudge from Eat, Recyle, Repeat. Believe me, there’s nothing uncool about this fudge! With over 150 clicks so far, this recipe definitely intrigued many of you, too. Cool! 😉
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on twitter and Facebook (there’s a new, shorter twitter hashtag, too, so you can write more about the food: #WWknd as well as the original #WellnessWeekend).
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed.” Also, if you render a recipe vegan-friendly by adding a vegan option to your ingredients, your post will be good to go!
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page. The post must contain a recipe.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
“Hey! Why was my entry removed?”
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And n0w. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to Diet, Dessert and Dogs via email. (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”).