Happy Wellness Weekend–Labor Day Edition! Seriously? Labor Day Weekend, already?! Well, Happy back-to-school, whether you started back last week, are starting back this week, or are connected to someone who’s heading back. And happy long weekend to the rest!
As always, last week’s event offered up a bounty of amazing recipes! Thanks to all of you who continue to link up your fabulous foods each week. And thanks for spreading the word so more people can find healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes.
Lots to share this week–so much, in fact, that I’m coming back tomorrow with more news! But for now, here are some newsy tidbits for this week:
- Now, you can “Pin It” right from the photos themselves in each post! To pin any post, just hover your cursor over your chosen photo. You’ll see a “Pin It” button appear on the upper right side. Click on it, and pin the post right from here–easy peasy! Hope you enjoy this new feature.
- Speaking of end of summer, tomorrow is the LAST DAY to take advantage of the MEGA EBOOK SALE! You can purchase any two of my ebooks for just $10.95! Sweet Freedom does contain some recipes with spelt and/or barley flours, but Anti-Candida Feast, Desserts without Compromise, and Good Morning! Breakfasts are all gluten free and ACD-friendly. For more details or to purchase, click here.
- I love Bob’s Red Mill products and mention them often on the blog. Janae at Bring Joy is giving away a Bob’s prize package on her blog--head over to check it out and enter to win!
- How about some vegan shwarma, ground “beef,” meatballs or pepperoni--all made at home, and without tofu or tempeh? VegNews featured four of my faux meat recipes this week. You can find them here.
- My friend Cara (of Cara’s Cravings) is teaching her first cooking class next month (along with Ellen of Gluten Free Diva), and the menu sounds amazing! If you celebrate Rosh Hashanah and live in the general Boston area, see Cara’s post for more information and to register.
- I’ve got another major news item–and giveaway–coming up tomorrow on the blog! Be sure to come back then and check it out (I’m so sneaky!) 😀
Do you have a blog linky event, giveaway or other event you’d like me to mention? Send me an email with the details and I’ll include a few each week (depending on how many requests I get, I may not be able to include them all).
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY. I will list the events under “Newsy Tidbits” for you if you send me an email.
This Week’s Picks:
Back to school means portable, packable foods. Here are a few of my picks this week:
- Sliceable Vegan Cheese from Green Gourmet Giraffe would be a perfect filling for sandwiches. I can’t wait to try this recipe myself–already pinned!
- Strawberry Jalapeno Jam from Mom Essentials. This would be great slathered on that cheese sandwich! 😉
- Spicy Chili Almonds from Healthy Life Lessons. Bring these along for an on-the-go healthy snack.
- Blueberry Cornmeal Pancakes from Sweet.Smart.Vegan. You know how much I love breakfast foods any time of day. . . I often bring pancakes to work for lunches. Reheat in the toaster and you’ve got lunch!
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
- Readers’ Choice, Savory: Vegetable Quinoa Salad from Cooking Quinoa won your hearts (and tummies) this week. An easy, colorful, veg-full salad with high-protein quinoa–always a winner!
- Readers’ Choice, Sweet: Wow–Fudgy Sweet Potato Truffles from Eat, Recycle, Repeat were a hands-down winner here, with over 170 clicks so far! Sweet potato and chocolate is one of my favorite flavor combinations, so I totally get this one.
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on twitter and Facebook (there’s a new, shorter twitter hashtag, too, so you can write more about the food: #WWknd as well as the original #WellnessWeekend).
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed.” Also, if you render a recipe vegan-friendly by adding a vegan option to your ingredients, your post will be good to go!
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page. The post must contain a recipe.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And n0w. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to Diet, Dessert and Dogs via email. (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”).