Wellness Weekend is here once again! And last week’s event looked sort of like a Squash-a-thon to rival my own recipe creation these days! We sure do love our pumpkins and squashes when autumn hits North America, don’t we? From pumpkin donuts to Snickerdoodles to pancakes to latte creamer, we had it all!
- My friend Andrea Nakayama is offering a new course, EstroZen, designed specifically to restore a woman’s hormonal balance and target resistant issues that affect us during peri-menopause and menopause. You know: that almost-instant weight gain from even looking at certain foods; changes in hair, skin and nails; dips in sex drive; and all the other lovely consequences of being a “woman of a certain age.” Andrea’s three-week detox course will provide protocols, menus, online support through the entire 3 weeks, and more. Click here for more information or to register. [Full disclosure: I am an affiliate for this program. If you join the detox, I will earn a small commission.] As you know, I think Andrea is brilliant and immensely talented at what she does, so I wholeheartedly support her work.
- Looking for more reasons to love Pumpkin? I talk about the health benefits of the super squash over at Fitalicious.com this week.
- Canadian Readers!! Lisa from Lisa’s Vegetarian Kitchen is giving away a KitchenAid stand mixer--value $499! If you’ve always wanted one of these, hop over to Lisa’s blog for all the details. Ends October 25th.
- This article over at Sheckys.com features 10 Cancer-Fighting foods, and I couldn’t be happier that my Raw Pink Breakfast Bowl is included! Check out all ten, with recipes, here.
- Recipe testing is well underway for my upcoming cookbook and I couldn’t be more thrilled with the response of the testers! Thank you once again to everyone who volunteered–I truly wish I could have asked all of you to particiate. If you’re interested in what kinds of recipes will be in the book (and how well they turn out for regular folks), head over to the cookbook Pinterest page.
Do you have a blog linky event, giveaway or other event you’d like me to mention? Send me an email with the details and I’ll include a few each week (depending on how many requests I get, I may not be able to include them all).
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY. I will list the events under “Newsy Tidbits” for you if you send me an email to dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. 🙂
This Week’s Picks:
Here are four favorite links from last week on the theme of “Blended!”. If you like any of them, please feel free to pin them directly from these photos–just hover your cursor over the photo, then click on “Pin It”:
Roasted Eggplant Dip (Babaganoush) from Real Food Eater. A creamy eggplant dip that’s perfect with-well, just about anything. Why haven’t I made this yet?
Raw Sprouted Chickpea Hummus from Small Footprint Family. Hummus–made even better.
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Creamer from The Veggie Nook. Such a fabulous idea! Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte, anyone? 😀
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Cheese Garlic Crackers – Gluten and Dairy Free – from Part-Time Health Nut. Looks like a must-make to me!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Gluten-Free Autumn Amaranth Bars from Bring Joy. Even if you don’t normally like amaranth, Janae promises you’ll like these. (Just be sure to follow directions–or else!). 😉
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on twitter and Facebook (there’s a new, shorter twitter hashtag, too, so you can write more about the food: #WWknd as well as the original #WellnessWeekend).
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, if you render a recipe vegan-friendly by adding a vegan option to your ingredients, your post will be good to go!
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page. The post must contain a recipe.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky. 🙂
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And n0w. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to Diet, Dessert and Dogs via email. (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”).