Whoo hoo–it’s Wellness Weekend! I look forward to this event every week. We had 52 inspiring entries last week, including fabulous nutbutter cookies (with my favorite secret ingredient!); raw banana-pumpkin crackers (how great do those sound??); sugar-free chocolate bars, and more! I love to see all the amazing variations on healthy vegan food that you come up with!
- Alta at Tasty Eats at Home is giving away a copy of Hallie Klecker’s new cookbook, Super Healthy Cookies. I’ve got a copy of this book (review coming soon!) and it looks fantastic. (I mean, there’s an entire chapter devoted to “Chocolate Cookies”–how much do I love that?!!) 😀 Check out Alta’s review and enter here. Giveaway runs until 11:59 PM, Saturday October 20.
- Let Them Eat Cake offers a review and giveaway of Carol Kicinski’s Simply Gluten Free Quick Meals. The book offers many vegan options, but isn’t 100% vegan. Check Maggie’s review and enter the giveaway here. Contest ends at 11:59 PM, October 20.
- My friend Cheryl from Gluten Free Goodness is giving away TWO copies of the new Everything Gluten-Free Slow Cooker Cookbook by Carrie Forbes (whom some of you know as Ginger Lemon Girl). While the book isn’t 100% vegan, there are lots of vegan options. Check out Cheryl’s post and enter to win here. Hurry–giveaway ends October 21st!!
- Lisa from Lisa’s Vegetarian Kitchen is giving away a KitchenAid Stand Mixer! Sorry, readers, this one is for Canadians only. Hop over to Lisa’s blog to learn how you can enter to win. Continues until October 25th.
- Kate from Eat, Recycle Repeat is hosting Adopt-a-Gluten-Free-Blogger this month! Get the details here, and sign up to take part in this monthly event to introduce more gluten-free bloggers to the world! Sign up until October 28th.
- Recipe testing is well underway for my upcoming cookbook and I couldn’t be more thrilled with the response of the testers! Thank you once again to everyone who volunteered–I truly wish I could have asked all of you to particiate. If you’re interested in what kinds of recipes will be in the book (and how well they turn out for regular folks), head over to the cookbook Pinterest page.
Do you have a blog linky event, giveaway or other event you’d like me to mention? Send me an email with the details and I’ll include a few each week (depending on how many requests I get, I may not be able to include them all).
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY. I will list the events under “Newsy Tidbits” for you if you send me an email to dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. 🙂
This Week’s Picks:
Here are four favorite links from last week on the theme of “Seasonal Squash!”. If you like any of them, please feel free to pin them directly from these photos–just hover your cursor over the photo, then click on “Pin It”:
How to Cook Pumpkin in a Slow-Cooker from Practical Stewardship. Because we need easier ways to cook pumpkin! 😉
Carnival Squash stuffed with Cranberry-Maple Quinoa and Beans from The Taste Space. Janet reminds us just how many kinds of squash there are at this time of the year!
Indian-Spiced Squash, Pear and Adzuki Bean Soup from Lisa’s Kitchen. This soup is on my “to-make” list!
Raw Pumpkin Spice Balls from Sweet, Smart, Vegan. These treats will make any jack o’lantern smile!
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Chickpea and Hemp Seed Cheeze from Green Gourmet Giraffe. Another cheese winner this week! Johanna also offers a fully illustrated recipe to take the guesswork out of making this delectable dish.
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Pumpkin Cranberry Scones from Tessa the Domestic Diva. Tessa says this recipe is great for gluten-free, vegan novices (and I say it’s great to anyone!). 🙂
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on twitter and Facebook (there’s a new, shorter twitter hashtag, too, so you can write more about the food: #WWknd as well as the original #WellnessWeekend).
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, if you render a recipe vegan-friendly by adding a vegan option to your ingredients, your post will be good to go!
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page. The post must contain a recipe.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky. 🙂
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And n0w. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to Diet, Dessert and Dogs via email. (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”).