Happy Thursday, everyone, and Happy Wellness Weekend! If you’re Canadian, it’s also Happy Thanksgiving! Whoo hoo! (And for all my American friends, hope you’re recovering from that first Presidential debate last night). 😉 Wishing all my Canadian readers a wonderful holiday weekend, filled with those who mean the most to you–and, of course, lots of yummy food! 😀
There were lots of Thanksgiving-worthy recipes on last week’s event–so many squash and pumpkin dishes! I’m looking forward to seeing what y’all cook up this week as well, whether or not you’re celebrating this weekend.
- The new Go Dairy Free Website has launched–and they’re giving away two incredible prize packages (one vegan and one gluten-free!).I was amazed by all the incredible goodies being given away (a $700 value!!). To enter, just head over to Go Dairy Free to learn more. Contest ends October 17th.
- Enter for a chance to win 25 products from Pacific Foods over at Spabettie! You’ll also find a wonderful recipe for Pumpkin Whoopie Pies (which I’ve just gotta make gluten free!). Enter here. Until October 17th.
- Holistic Nutritionist Marni Wasserman is giving away a full year’s membership to her Fully Nourished Lifestyle program. This includes coaching, cooking classes and more. Click over to Marni’s site to learn the details and enter to win. Until November 5, 2012.
- The Blender Girl is at it again! This month she’s giving away a Breville food processor and posting 31 days of vegan, gluten-free recipes. I’m loving all the recipes–and the look of that machine! Check out the event (and enter!) here. Contest is open all month.
- Recipe testing is well underway for my upcoming cookbook and I couldn’t be more thrilled with the response of the testers! Thank you once again to everyone who volunteered–I truly wish I could have asked all of you to particiate. If you’re interested in what kinds of recipes will be in the book (and how well they turn out for regular folks), head over to the cookbook Pinterest page.
- New! Now it’s even easier to share the news about Wellness Weekend on twitter–just click here. Spread the word about whole-foods, healthy, gluten-free and sugar free recipes!
Do you have a blog linky event, giveaway or other event you’d like me to mention? Send me an email with the details and I’ll include a few each week (depending on how many requests I get, I may not be able to include them all).
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY. I will list the events under “Newsy Tidbits” for you if you send me an email.
This Week’s Picks:
Here are some of my favorite links from last’s week’s Wellness Weekend on the theme of “Autumn Harvest.” If you like any of them, please feel free to pin them directly from these photos–just hover your cursor over the photo, then click on “Pin It”:
Easiest DIY Pumpkin Pie Spice from Whole New Mom. This is so easy, you’ll wonder why you haven’t been making your own!
Spaghetti Squash Succotash with Almond-Crusted Tofu from Cats in the Kitchen. I’m still trying to love spaghetti squash, and this sounds like such a filling, completely yummy meal!
Raw Spiced Apple Tart from Vegan Brain. Surprisingly simple, and so pretty, too!
Green Beans and Carrot Subzi from Flip Cookbook. A lovely story and unique spice blend elevates this dish to somethig extraordinary!
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Y’all went wild for these Hulk Hogan Veggie Burgers from Healthy Life Lessons. And who doesn’t love a good veggie burger?
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Pumpkin-Date Blondies from Gluten-Free Fabulous took the cake last week. With almost 130 clicks, you are all clearly in favor of seasonal pumpkin in this dessert!
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on twitter and Facebook (there’s a new, shorter twitter hashtag, too, so you can write more about the food: #WWknd as well as the original #WellnessWeekend).
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, if you render a recipe vegan-friendly by adding a vegan option to your ingredients, your post will be good to go!
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page. The post must contain a recipe.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And n0w. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to Diet, Dessert and Dogs via email. (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”).