Happy Wellness Weekend! Tonight is exactly one week from American Thanksgiving–and boy, are there ever a lot of Thanksgiving Recipe Roundups on food blogs everywhere! We had some great holiday-themed whole foods, gluten-free, sugar free vegan recipes on last week’s event, to be sure, so be sure to check them out! Then come back here and link up your holiday recipes this week, too.
In honor of the holidays, here are some Thanksgiving/holiday recipe roundups I’ve found. If you have, or know of, other blogs featuring collections of recipes, please be sure to mention them in the comments!
- I posted my own Thanksgiving Recipe Roundup back in October, when we celebrated here in Canada. Luckily, these recipes aren’t country-specific, so they’re great for U.S. Thanksgiving, too! 😉 .
- Dreena’s Vegan Thanksgiving and Christmas Menus with Recipes. Y’all know how much I love Dreena’s recipes! Here, she covers it all, with all your traditional flavors and some new ideas in her usual foolproof, delectable style. And not a single piece of Tofurkey in sight! 😉
- You’ll find a HUGE array of Thanksgiving recipes over at Healthy.Happy.Life! Not to mention stunning photos, of course. Drool!
- Nava Atlas of Veg Kitchen offers a full Vegan Thanksgiving list of recipes that looks spectacular! Everything from Soup to Desserts.
- Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Prep Series from Cook It Allergy Free. While not a vegan event, Kim does provide lots of alternatives for great vegan baked goods and side dishes.
- Iris at The Daily Dietribe has a list of 50+ Thanksgiving Gluten-Free Dessert Recipes, with choices from vegan to Paleo and everything in between.
- Go Dairy Free offers two incredible roundups this year: The Biggest Gathering of Dairy-Free Thanksgiving Recipes covers every type of cuisine (many vegan dishes are labeled “Vegan” and there are more that aren’t–my Rutabaga Gratin, for instance); and the Huge Holiday Pie Roundup with over 75 dairy-free pies (many vegan, too).
- Candice has posted 40+ Food Allergy Friendly Thanksgiving Recipes. Again, not all are vegan, but there are options for everyone here.
- Finally, I offered some Candida-Diet Tips for the Holidays in this post and also this one for ways to navigate all those buffets and dessert tables this time of year.
- Let’s connect on social media! If you like DDD, you can keep up with recipes, health information, news and dog-related tidbits on Pinterest, twitter and Facebook! I’d love to see you there. 🙂
Do you have a blog linky event, giveaway or other event you’d like me to mention? Send me an email with the details and I’ll include a few each week (depending on how many requests I get, I may not be able to include them all).
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY. I will list the events under “Newsy Tidbits” for you if you send me an email to dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. 🙂
This Week’s Picks:
Here are this week’s picks for sides that would make your holiday table:
Quinoa, Edamame and Mango Salad from Bite-Sized Thoughts. Just look at the gorgeous colors in this!
Oat Berries with Braised Chestnuts and Brussels Sprouts from The Goodness Life. What a great holiday side this would make.
Pistachio Pesto Pasta from Cuter than Gluten. I’ve always loved pistachios. . . this made me miss them (And just look how cute!)
Lightly Curried Parsnip Soup from A Bit of the Good Stuff. I love the ingredient mix in this lovely, creamy soup.
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Four-Ingredient Sourdough Rolls from Practical Stewardship. I don’t usually eat rolls, but these are calling to me. 😉
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Raw Vegan Pumpkin Pie from Sweetly Raw. Heather does it again with a fabulous raw pie for the holidays!
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on twitter and Facebook (there’s a new, shorter twitter hashtag, too, so you can write more about the food: #WWknd as well as the original #WellnessWeekend).
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, if you render a recipe vegan-friendly by adding a vegan option to your ingredients, your post will be good to go!
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page. The post must contain a recipe.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky. 🙂
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And n0w. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to Diet, Dessert and Dogs via email. (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”).