It’s Wellness Weekend once again–and I am not even going to mention that this event heralds the start of December. Nope, I won’t even give a thought to the fact that we’re entering the coldest, most miserable part of
my life the year, and that I’m totally not ready to don scarves, ear muffs, mitts, or boots, or to be shoveling snow again, or to be slipping all over the roads even though I have snow tires on my car. Nope. Not me. Not gonna mention it (winter) because if I don’t say it (winter) then maybe it won’t (winter) happen, right?
What I WILL say is how fabulous all of your creations were last week (well, every week!).
Holiday events you need to know about! Lots of holiday-themed events abound this week, as well as many other interesting posts! Here are some I thought were worth checking into:
- Dreena is giving away a new ebook of 13 recipes to anyone who purchases two copies of her cookbooks. Check out Dreena’s special sale page for all the details! And for my review of Let Them Eat Vegan, see this post.
- There’s a fantastic giveaway of THREE copies of the new Nourishing Meals (a new cookbook from Ali and Tom of Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen) on Daily Bites. Hop over to Hallie’s blog to see how you can enter to win. Continues until December 6th.
- I’ve written before about The Blissful Chef’s “Cooking Tool of the Month” series. Now she’s got them all lined up in one post for you to check out! Here.
- One of the blogs I love, Cooking Quinoa, is offering a new ebook for the holidays! All the yummy quinoa-based recipes you can eat for the festive season. Check out Wendy’s new book here.
- Let’s connect on social media! If you like DDD, you can keep up with recipes, health information, news and dog-related tidbits on Pinterest, twitter and Facebook! I’d love to see you there. 🙂
Do you have a blog linky event, giveaway or other event you’d like me to mention? Send me an email with the details and I’ll include a few each week (depending on how many requests I get, I may not be able to include them all).
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY. I will list the events under “Newsy Tidbits” for you if you send me an email to dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. 🙂
This Week’s Picks:
Here are this week’s picks for links on the theme, “holiday fruits and veggies!”:
Lemony Raw Brussels Sprout Salad from Sweet Smart Vegan. What a great new way to serve these yummy veggies at your next holiday bash!
Celery in Chestnut Sauce Un-Stuffing from Gluten Free Goodness. A great way to combine veggies AND the sense of stuffing in one healthy dish.
Slow Cooker Blueberry Apple Crisp form Oatmeal with a Fork. A lovely combination of fall veggies that would be perfect at a holiday brunch.
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Moroccan Carrots from Whole New Mom. A classic side dish with a twist! Adrienne says these are a perennial favorite in her house.
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Oat Almond Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Vegan Richa. These look fabulous all on their own, but Richa also shows you how to make cookie mix in a jar for gift-giving! No wonder this post has received almost 100 clicks already!
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on twitter and Facebook (there’s a new, shorter twitter hashtag, too, so you can write more about the food: #WWknd as well as the original #WellnessWeekend).
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, if you render a recipe vegan-friendly by adding a vegan option to your ingredients, your post will be good to go!
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page. The post must contain a recipe.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky. 🙂
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And n0w. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to Diet, Dessert and Dogs via email. (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”).