Wellness Weekend, December 13-17, 2012
Hi Everyone! Welcome back to Wellness Weekend!
The crunch is on for my cookbook (first manuscript deadline is TOMORROW!!) so this will be short and sweet. We had a great holiday-themed bunch of recipes for last week, with lots of cookies and special dishes! Can’t wit to see what you bring along this week. In the meantime, some news!
[Please note: these news bits are items I've come across or think will be interesting to my readers--I am not an affiliate for any of these products and I haven't been paid anything. Just want to share them with you! I do receive a few pennies through amazon.com any time you purchase something via one of their links.]
- The Gluten-Free Holiday Progressive Dinner Party Continues! Check out the courses from each day this week so far (each with its own book giveaway!) and be sure to come back here tomorrow for my spectacular dessert!
- My friends Alisa from Go Dairy Free and Hallie from Daily Bites have collaborated on a new ebook, Dairy Free and Gluten Free! I managed a sneak peek, and let me tell you, it’s chock full of incredibly helpful information AND some mouthwatering recipes (more than half of them vegan!). It’s available on amazon, here. I’ll be posting a longer review in the new year, too!
- The Better Mom offers up Twenty Healthy Vegan Christmas Cookies for your holidays! From no-bake to mega chocolate to Samoa Knock-Offs, they all contain only good-for-you ingredients. (And thanks for including my Carob Refrigerator Sandwich Cookies, too!).
- And also good for you: win a six-pack of fresh pressed juices from Cooler Cleanse Juices and Choosing Raw! Contest ends December 18th.
- How about some bodycare items for the holidays? The Blissful Chef is giving away body lotion and soap from Dr. Woods. Check here for more details and to enter. Christy also just launched her Wellness Reboot program for anyone who wants to learn to live more healthfully and how whole foods can help. Here’s the Facebook page.
- Dreena Burton’s Holiday Cookbook Offer continues until the end of the month! Buy two cookbooks and receive a package of 13 recipes free from Dreena. As you all already know, I adore Dreena’s recipes (see my review here). Check out the offer, here.
- Another new ebook! Alyssa of Queen of Quinoa has published her first ebook, Baking with Quinoa, filled with 25 yummy sweet and savory treats (and a few vegan options). Check out the ebook here.
Do you have a blog linky event, giveaway or other event you’d like me to mention? Send me an email with the details and I’ll include a few each week (depending on how many requests I get, I may not be able to include them all).
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY. I will list the events under “Newsy Tidbits” for you if you send me an email to dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom.
This Week’s Picks:
Here are this week’s picks for links on the theme, “breakfasts”:
Gluten-Free 5 Spice Granola from What Smells So Good. Five-spice is one of my favorite spice mixes. . . and in a granola!! Must make this one.
Cold & Flu Busting Coconut and Orange Smoothie from Green Thickies. What better way to fight off germs this season?
Banana Muffins with Almond Paste Bits and Chocolate Chips from Wing It Vegan. River does it again with these yummy looking muffins filled with intriguing ingredients!
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Quinoa Stuffed Sweet Potatoes from The Queen of Quinoa. Sweet potatoes any which way win my heart, but stuffed wtih quinoa and other good stuff? Won yours, too.
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Guilt-Free Pecan Pie Cookies from Allergy Free Alaska. How cute do these little bites of sweetness look? Love these. (Are they still guilt-free if I eat six?)
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on twitter and Facebook (there’s a new, shorter twitter hashtag, too, so you can write more about the food: #WWknd as well as the original #WellnessWeekend).
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, if you render a recipe vegan-friendly by adding a vegan option to your ingredients, your post will be good to go!
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page. The post must contain a recipe.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE.If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And n0w. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to Diet, Dessert and Dogs via email. (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”).