Hi Everyone! Welcome back to Wellness Weekend! I hope all of you who celebrated had a great Christmas.
I’m still not feeling 100%, so today’s post will be short. But we do still have some news for y’all:
- The sale on Heather’s Online Cooking Classes will continue until midnight tomorrow! In case you missed my interview with Heather, you can check it out here. And here’s the recipe I made from her classes. Heather is offering 55% off for a sale price of $67 to all DDD readers! Just use the code RICKI at checkout. [Note: I am an affiliate for Heather’s classes. If you purchase the classes by clicking on a link here, I will receive a small commission that is put toward maintaining this blog.]
- The new issue of Simply Gluten Free magazine is out–and I’ve already heard from Tessa about my Pan-Glazed Pear and Arugula Salad with Cashew Goat Cheese and Walnuts! Tessa posted on my Facebook page, “Just loved the pear and cashew cheese salad from the latest simply gluten free magazine….it was completely amazing!” Yay! So glad you enjoyed it, Tessa! For those of you who are curious about the salad, here’s a sneak peek:
I really enjoyed creating the recipes for this issue, winter salads. Now I’m just waiting for my own copy of the magazine to arrive in the mail! 😉
- Have you caught the “2012 Gluten-Free All Stars” event that’s being hosted by Lexie’s Kitchen? Lexie and a bunch of other bloggers are posting their favorite GF recipes from this year. Lots of options for every dietary leaning!
Do you have a blog linky event, giveaway or other event you’d like me to mention? Send me an email with the details and I’ll include a few each week (depending on how many requests I get, I may not be able to include them all).
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY. I will list the events under “Newsy Tidbits” for you if you send me an email to dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. 🙂
This Week’s Picks:
Here are this week’s picks for links on the theme, “side dishes”:
Tangy Tahini Greens from My Munchable Musings. Love the tahini in this one!
Festive Pecan Cranberry Brussel Sprouts from Feel Divine Food. Perfect holiday food–red and green!
Chili-Seasoned Mashed Pumpkin Sweet Potatoes from Gluten-Free Cat. My favorite veggie with a kick.
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Pasta Primavera with Eggplant Noodles and Vegan Alfredo Sauce from Whole New Mom. How innovative is this?
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Christmas Cheesecakes (Raw & Vegan) from Sweetly Raw. Another stellar dessert from Heather!
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on twitter and Facebook (there’s a new, shorter twitter hashtag, too, so you can write more about the food: #WWknd as well as the original #WellnessWeekend).
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, if you render a recipe vegan-friendly by adding a vegan option to your ingredients, your post will be good to go!
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page. The post must contain a recipe.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE.If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky. 🙂
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And n0w. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to Diet, Dessert and Dogs via email. (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”).