Happy Thursday–and Happy Wellness Weekend! Welcome back to a week of innovative, delicious, good-for-y0u recipes, courtesy of all of YOU!
It’s been a whirlwind week here in the DDD kitchen (again!!), what with final photo shoots for the cookbook taking place this week. (This book does seem to be taking a lot of time, doesn’t it? I promise there is an end in sight. . . and I can’t wait to share the book with y’all when it comes out next October!).
- As I mentioned this morning, my very first recipe as an Attune Foods Brand Ambassador was posted today! Please head over to the Attune Foods Blog to see my Sweet Potato-Lentil Pot Pie with a Corn Biscuit Crumble Crust. It’s comfort food at its finest–easy and irresistibly delicious! 😉
- The Queen of Quinoa has started a new blog event called “Thank Goodness It’s Quinoa!“ Link up your quinoa-based recipes every Friday-Sunday. Check out the event guidelines and submit your own recipes!
- Hallie of Daily Bites is giving away a 4-pack of Navitas Naturals Superfoods (one of my favorites, goldenberries, in there!). Only until tomorrow, Jan 18th–so hurry!
- Remember that custom gift package I gave away waaaay back when I announced my new book? Well, I kept forgetting to post the contents to show you all what Abby won! Her package included a copy of Manifest Vegan’s (Allyson Kramer’s) Great Gluten Free Vegan Eats as well as the following products:
Congrats again, Abby! Here’s what I sent (left to right starting at back row): Camino Chocolate-Covered Cacao Beans; Live Superhero Granola; Natural Traditions Lucuma Powder; Wholesome Sweeteners Coconut Sugar; Camino Unsweetened Baking Chocolate; Organic Traditions Golden Berries; Julienne Peeler (to make raw veggie noodles without a spiralizer!); Live Spicy Nori Crackers (here’s my own recipe for a knock-off); Microplane Grater, and Simply Bar in front; Organic Cinnamon Chocolate Bar (local Quebec company–and I forgot the name!!); Camino Raspberry-Chocolate Bar.
I hope you enjoy all the foods and utensils. (And for those of you who notice the tea towels in the background, that’s my new packing materials: I use tea towels or oven mitts to pack my boxes these days. That way, the recipient can make good use of the packaging once they’ve opened it, and fragile items are well protected, too).
Do you have a blog linky event, giveaway or other event you’d like me to mention? Send me an email with the details and I’ll include a few each week (depending on how many requests I get, I may not be able to include them all).
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY. I will list as many events as possible under “Newsy Tidbits” for you if you send me an email to dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom.
This Week’s Picks:
Here are this week’s picks for links on the theme, “warm me up–on the side”:
BBQ Baked Beans from Carrie on Vegan. I love a good baked bean, and these look phenomenal. Great comfort food!
Savory Sauteed Zucchini with Walnuts from The Gluten Free Edge. A simple preparation for a healthy side dish.
Mashed Rutabagas from Hunter’s Lyonesse. I think rutabagas are totally underrated. . . and we all need more underrated veggies in our lives!
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Creamy Cauliflower Soup from Food and Yoga for Life. Another winner from Heather. Clearly, you all thought so, too!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Raw, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy Free, Chocolate Almond “Cheesecake” from Dandelions on the Wall. How delicious does this sound? (Sounds of feet running to the cupboard to check for ingredients. . . ). 😉
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on twitter and Facebook (there’s a new, shorter twitter hashtag, too, so you can write more about the food: #WWknd as well as the original #WellnessWeekend).
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, if you render a recipe vegan-friendly by adding a vegan option to your ingredients, your post will be good to go!
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page. The post must contain a recipe.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE.If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to Diet, Dessert and Dogs via email. (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”).
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service after clicking on the affiliate link, your purchase will help to support this blog via the small compensation I receive.