Welcome to another Wellness Weekend! It’s been freezing here in the Toronto area over the past few days, so I’ve been focusing on cocooning with The HH and The Girls as I continue to recipe test until the end of the month.
Lots of your recipes from last week’s event focused on comfort foods for cold weather, too, with soups, stews, bread pudding and hot cocoa among the offerings! There were plenty of desserts, too, a staple for WW. More recipes I’m dying to try! I look forward to your incredible creations this week as well.
- There’s a new blog event in town! Iris from The Daily Dietribe has launched Five-Ingredient Mondays, which showcases (you guessed it) 5-ingredient recipes! The only criteria are that it must be 5 ingredients or less and gluten-free. Head over to Iris’s blog to check it out!
- Snack Giveaway! You can win 3 months’ worth of vegan snacks from Vegan Cuts courtesy of my friend Heather Nauta. Check out Heather’s post here to see what’s in the prize and to enter! Until January 29th.
- Julieanna Hever (The Plant-Based Dietician) is giving away a copy of Dreena Burton’s latest cookbook, Let Them Eat Vegan! As y’all know, I’m a huge fan of Dreena’s, and highly recommend this book! Hop over to Julieanna’s blog for info and to enter. Until January 29th.
- Stay tuned for a BIG giveaway right here on DDD tomorrow! If you’ve made a New Year’s resolution to improve your health or if you’re just looking for new and interesting ways to eat well and stay fit, come back tomorrow and be sure to enter! I’m really excited about this one, too!
- Want to incorporate more healthy beans and legumes into your diet? I’ve got some tips and tricks on Fitalicious to help you do just that, with links to some yummy recipes.
- Are we friends on social media? I post links to health info, sneak peeks of recipes and cookbook news, dog pics and much more on the DDD Facebook page. Hope you’ll “like” it! Or link up on twitter, Google + or Pinterest, too! 🙂
Do you have a blog linky event, giveaway or other event you’d like me to mention? Send me an email with the details and I’ll include a few each week (depending on how many requests I get, I may not be able to include them all).
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY. I will list as many events as possible under “Newsy Tidbits” for you if you send me an email to dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. 🙂
This Week’s Picks:
Here are this week’s picks for links on the theme, “legumes”:
Black Eyed Beans with Couscous and Chipotle Mango Sauce from Bite-Sized Thoughts. Why save this for New Year’s? It would be great any time!
Lime Avocado Black Bean Quinoa from Practical-Stewardship. A perfect trio of flavors and textures in a yummy, high-protein dish.
Black Eyed Pea and Mung Bean Stew from Vegan Richa. I love anything with Indian spices. . . this looks SO rich, warm, and comforting!
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Winter Spaquetti (Squash) from My Munchable Musings. I’ve had an ongoing love-hate relationship with spaghetti squash, but this one looks great to me! No such ambivalence about Brussels Sprouts–I love ’em! 😀
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Vanilla Bean Quinoa Flour Cupcakes with Maple Coconut Frosting from Part-Time Health Nut. Aren’t these just the cutest cupcakes you’ve seen? And bonus–they’re made with all healthy ingredients!
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on twitter and Facebook (there’s a new, shorter twitter hashtag, too, so you can write more about the food: #WWknd as well as the original #WellnessWeekend).
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, if you render a recipe vegan-friendly by adding a vegan option to your ingredients, your post will be good to go!
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page. The post must contain a recipe.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE.If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky. 🙂
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to Diet, Dessert and Dogs via email. (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”).
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service after clicking on the affiliate link, your purchase will help to support this blog via the small compensation I receive.