Wellness Weekend, February 14-18, 2013
Happy Wellness Weekend–Valentine’s Day Edition!
Yes, I am a total sucker when it comes to V-Day. Even when I didn’t have someone (human) with whom to share the day, I still celebrated, either by buying myself flowers (amazing how that will perk up your spirits!), or cooking a special meal, or just taking time to appreciate the people and animals I love in my life. Whether you’re spending a romantic evening with a sweetheart or treating yourself to “me” time, I hope you all are having a wonderful day!
And the recipes from last week’s event were a great starting point for some fabulous Valentine’s Day dinners, to be sure. See below for highlights! But first, some news:
- If your V-Day celebration is just beginning (or even if it’s not), check out the Black Forest Cookie Dough Truffles I created for Attune Foods today! These no-cook, fudgy and chocolatey treats are a perfect “I love you” indulgence. Start now and you’ll be biting into one in less than 30 minutes. Recipe can be found here.
- Manifest Vegan is giving away a copy of Martha Stewart’s latest, Meatless. Like all of Martha’s books, this one boasts gorgeous photography and beautiful layout. And many vegan recipes (yay!). Head over to Allyson’s blog to enter--ENDS TODAY!!
- Do you love to cook with herbs? Stephanie from Recipe Renovator is giving away a great-looking Herb Swag Bag with a cookbook, prepared herbs, dried herbs, a microplane grater, reusable bag from Trader Joe’s and more. Check it out here. Ends February 21st.
- Check out the monthly giveaways on Simply Gluten-Free’s blog! This month includes a KitchenAid stand mixer, Apple iPad mini, magazine subscriptions, acacia wood salad bowls and lots of fabulous gluten-free foods! Details here. Most end February 28th.
Do you have a blog linky event or giveaway you’d like me to mention? I also will occasionally mention new courses that bloggers offer their readers. Send me an email with the details to dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom and I’ll include three or four each week. Please note that I cannot always accommodate all requests.
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks:
Here are this week’s picks for links on the theme, “light lunches”:
Vegan Zesty Carrot & Sweet Potato Coconut Soup from Fuss Free Flavors. The colors alone would brighten a meal!
Detox Salad with Orange Avocado Dressing from A Harmony Healing. I love the sound of this salad and would enjoy it any time, detox or not!
Carrot, Ginger, and Pumpkin Soup from Mamacook. Another brilliant soup that is perfect for these colder months.
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Quinoa Quick Bread from Part-Time Health Nut. Luckily, Marya says you can leave out the yeast in this one–which means I can try it pronto!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Chewy Oatmeal Crunch Bars from Sweetly Raw. Another winner from Heather. How good do these look?!
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, if you render a recipe vegan-friendly by adding a vegan option to your ingredients, your post will be good to go! Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page. The post must contain a recipe.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE.If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to Diet, Dessert and Dogs via email. (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”).
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service after clicking on the affiliate link, your purchase will help to support this blog via the small compensation I receive.