Wellness Weekend, February 28-March 4, 2013
Hey Everyone! It’s that time again. . . . Wellness Weekend time! (Wait, does that sound like a beer commercial?!).
Well, no beer in last week’s event (that would not exactly count as a whole food, would it?), but there were 32 amazing creations, all filled with good-for-you ingredients and many suitable for the candida diet! Thanks so much to all of you who participate, and who visit/comment on all the entries, too. What an amazing virtual pot luck we create together each week!
- I’m going to be a speaker at the Gluten Free Garage event in April! This is a popup event in Toronto that showcases all things gluten-free! And I’m very excited to know that my friend Maggie Savage is also on the roster! I’ll remind you all again, but if you’re looking to attend, here’s the basic info.
- The March-April issue of Simply Gluten-Free is out! It’s called Spring Fling and contains loads of the latest gluten-free news, information about kids, makeup and travel, and–of course–recipes! Here’s a peek at one of mine, a Savory Crepe with Caramelized Onion, Asparagus and Edamame and Cashew Cream Drizzle that I modeled after one I ate in New York City. Yum!
- My friend JL from JL Goes Vegan is giving away a copy of the new cookbook by Robin Robertson, Nut Butter Universe! That’s right: EVERY recipe contains nut butter! Check out the details or enter the giveaway here. Until March 4th.
- Recipe Renovator is giving away a copy of The Artful Vegan as well as as well as a $50 gift certificate to Millenium Restaurant in San Francisco! Wish I lived there. . . . Details here. Runs until March 7th.
- Out to Lunch Creations is giving away the ebook Crash Course in Gluten Free Living by Kristin Rugg Dovbniak. The book is a primer for living gluten-free with lots of vegan recipes and info. To enter, go here. Ends March 9th.
- I had a little fun by posting this “teaser” pic on Facebook today of the amazing new snack I’ve been munching (the recipe will be up tomorrow on the blog). Well, I’m loving the guesses from everyone as to what these are made of! Want to add your opinion? “Like” DDD on Facebook and chime in here! (And don’t forget to come back tomorrow for the reveal!).
Do you have a blog linky event or giveaway you’d like me to mention? I also will occasionally mention new courses that bloggers offer their readers. Send me an email with the details to dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom and I’ll include three or four each week. Please note that I cannot always accommodate all requests.
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks:
Here are this week’s picks on the theme, “the sweet stuff”:
Raw Orange Creamsicle Swirl Cheesecake from Sweet & Healthy Living. I’ve been able to consume oranges again once in a great while–my next one is going to this!.
Oatmeal Raisin Muffins from Veggie V’s Vegan Adventure. Breakfast yum!
Date Paste from Gluten Free SCD and Veggie. I know lots of you use this in your sweet treats–SO versatile!
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Bejeweled Brussels Sprouts from glutenfreehappytummy. I’m so glad you all loved this recipe as much as I did! Caralyn has a knack for making gorgeous, colorful veggie dishes–this one is no exception!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Three-Ingredient Vegan Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter Cookies from Wayfaring Chocolate. How can you go wrong with “Three Ingredient”? And Peanut Butter? And COOKIES?!
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, if you render a recipe vegan-friendly by adding a vegan option to your ingredients, your post will be good to go! Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page. The post must contain a recipe.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE.If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never miss a recipe–or a comment from The Girls! Click here to subscribe to Diet, Dessert and Dogs via email. (“We love subscribers, Mum. . . almost as much as we love treats!”).
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service after clicking on the affiliate link, your purchase will help to support this blog via the small compensation I receive.