Hi Everyone and happy Thursday! I’m still sulking because it isn’t *quite* spring yet here in Toronto (in fact, as I mentioned this morning, we had snow today!! SNOW. On April 11th! Yes, that was me you heard sobbing in the background on your way to work. . . . ).
Well, at least Wellness Weekend didn’t suffer any lingering effects of winter! Last week’s recipes were bright with the promise of spring. I loved all the colorful cakes, the Sweet Broccoli Juice, the pancakes and green naan (yep!), the homemade BBQ sauce and more. Check out the 35 entries from last week for yourself!
- Looking for a quick, easy, delicious dinner? This Oil-Free Tex-Mex Black Bean Burger (above) is the HH’s new favorite vegan meal! Black beans are a nutrient powerhouse, packed with minerals and protein, and these burgers are great in a bun or on their own. I share my recipe here.
- She Let Them Eat Cake is giving away a full set of Plant Therapy Essential Oils! Good for everything from keeping cold germs at bay, to soothing and relaxing bathtime, essential oils are a great addition to a natural home. Until April 15th.
- Win a huge jar of Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil from Wayfaring Chocolate. I reviewed this oil a while back and it is truly remarkable. Giveaway runs until Apirl 18th. Hannah is giving away a mega huge jar of Tropical Traditions coconut oil–April 18th
- If you’re concerned about radiation (sometimes we can’t avoid X-Rays, and almost everyone has a cell phone these days), here’s a soup recipe I found that has been proven to reduce toxic radiation from the body. Recipe is over at Fitalicious.
Do you have a blog linky event or giveaway you’d like me to mention? I also will occasionally mention new courses that bloggers offer their readers. Send me an email with the details to dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom and I’ll include three or four each week. Please note that I cannot always accommodate all requests.
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks:
This week’s picks all focus on the theme “roasted.”
Roasted Vegetables with Rosemary from Fox in the Kitchen. Nothing quite as comforting as roasted veggies!
Roasted Fennel and Cauliflower Soup from For the Love of Food. I’m a newly-converted fennel lover, so I can’t wait to try this!
Roast Peppers with Currants and Pine Nuts from Bite-Sized Thoughts. Don’t these look like the perfect side dish?
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Sweet Potato Mini Peppers Alfredo Bake from Vegan Richa. Such a great combination of flavors–Richa does it again!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Peanut Butter Pie from Part-Time Health Nut. Makes me yearn for peanut butter again! But if you can have it. . . go for it. 🙂
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products.Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE.If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky. 🙂
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
DDD READERS: It May Be Time To Update Your Subscription!
I know that many of you, like me, read your favorite blogs via Google Reader. Well, if that’s how you keep up with DDD, be warned that Google Reader is closing down as of July 1, 2013! (I know–boo hoo). I am always so grateful for your visits and your comments on the blog and I don’t want you to lose touch!
To ensure that you continue to receive notices whenever I add a new blog post–or to get updates on the new cookbook or other happenings here at DDD–you can easily subscribe via email. That way, you won’t miss a thing! Just click here to receive every new DDD post right in your Inbox. Thanks so much for reading. 🙂 (And if any of you know of other good readers to use, please feel free to share in the comments!).
© Ricki Heller 2013.