Hi Everyone! Welcome to this week’s Wellness Weekend.
By the time you read this, I will be on my way to this year’s Vida Vegan Con, the premier vegan bloggers’ conference! I’m really excited to meet up with so many vegan bloggers whom I’ve come to know via the internet. And, of course, will report back to you all when I return–with lots of stories and FOOD pics!
And speaking of food–well, as usual, you all outdid yourselves last week! Thanks for all the incredible recipes and inspiring ideas. I can’t wait to see what you share this week.
Have a great weekend! 😀
- If you’re new to gluten-free baking (or just looking for information about baking), I shared some of my best tips this week on Gluten-Free Find. And if you’re not yet familiar with this fantastic resource, check out the rest of their page for a broad range of information on all things gluten-free!
- I finally joined Instagram! I’ve been having lots of fun taking pics and posting them–and would love for you to follow me there! If you’re curious about what the HH and I eat in a typical day, how the Girls waste time waiting for food and walks, my various recipe experiments and other behind-the-scenes photos, c’mon over to my Instagram page!
- I’d love to connect! You can find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ and twitter. Link up and let me know so I can follow you back!
Do you have a blog linky event or giveaway you’d like me to mention? I also will occasionally mention new courses that bloggers offer their readers. Send me an email with the details to dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom and I’ll include three or four each week. Please note that I cannot always accommodate all requests.
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks:
This week’s picks all focus on the theme “raw recipes.” It’s almost summer–time for some raw foods!
Sunshine Juice from Gluten-Free Cat. The color alone of this gorgeous juice would entice anyone, I think!
Fruit or Veggie Radicchio Wraps from Cats in the Kitchen. What a great way to use radicchio, right?
Rich and Creamy Raw Mushroom Soup from Lisa’s Kitchen. I love all the uber-spicy dishes on Lisa’s blog–here’s a little something different.
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Coconut Bacon from Cupcakes and Kale. Yay! Now we can all make coconut bacon at home!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Protein-Packed Monster Breakfast Cookies from Allergy Free Alaska. I knew these would be a hit with DDD readers the moment I checked out the recipe! Yum.
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products.Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky.
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
DDD READERS: It May Be Time To Update Your Subscription!
I know that many of you, like me, read your favorite blogs via Google Reader. Well, if that’s how you keep up with DDD, be warned that Google Reader is closing down as of November 1, 2013! (I know–boo hoo). I am always so grateful for your visits and your comments on the blog and I don’t want you to lose touch!
To ensure that you continue to receive notices whenever I add a new blog post–or to get updates on the new cookbook or other happenings here at DDD–you can easily subscribe via email. That way, you won’t miss a thing! Just click here to receive every new DDD post right in your Inbox. Thanks so much for reading. (And if any of you know of other good readers to use, please feel free to share in the comments!).
© Ricki Heller 2013.