Hi Everyone! Hope you’re all having an awesome week and enjoying some down time outside (here in Toronto, it’s been in the high 20s/low 80s and sunny all week! Can’t ask for better than that.
I was a bit MIA last week, but did get a chance to check out your delectable entries to Wellness Weekend. From the Frosted Vanilla Cupcakes to the Raw Coconut Fudge to the Mexican Chili Salad Wraps to the Vegan Cheese Biscuits, I loved ’em all! My “to make” list is just getting longer and longer. . . ! 😉
- Peggy from Allergy Free Test Kitchen is giving away FOUR baking mixes from Allergic Solution. They are all vegan, egg-free, dairy-free, gluten-free and sugar-free! Check out the giveaway here, which is open to both US and Canadian residents! Runs until May 17th.
- Warm weather if finally here–which means more raw foods! I’m gearing up for a raw series on the blog, but in the meantime, how about three yummy raw dishes in Simply Gluten-Free magazine? On newsstands now, just in time for Mother’s Day! Pictured below is the Raw Muesli breakfast bowl.
- My friend Allyson from Manifest Vegan has just launched her newest book, Great Gluten Free Eats from Around the World! Given my penchant for all kinds of international foods, I can’t even tell you how excited I am for this book! (Stay tuned for a review on the blog). In the meantime, Allyson is offering a rice cooker giveaway! Enter until May 17th.
- Looking for an easy, crowd-pleasing appetizer for Mother’s Day? Check out my recipe for Herb and “Feta” Polenta Appetizers on The Balanced Platter this week. 🙂
- Don’t forget that Wellness Weekend has its own Pinterest board now! Feel free to browse the healthy recipes or check back for that special dish you had hoped to make–it’s all there!
Do you have a blog linky event or giveaway you’d like me to mention? I also will occasionally mention new courses that bloggers offer their readers. Send me an email with the details to dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom and I’ll include three or four each week. Please note that I cannot always accommodate all requests.
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks:
This week’s picks all focus on the theme “Sweets for a Sweet Mom.” Treat your mom with something sweet–and healthy!
Moist Gluten-Free and Vegan Vanilla Birthday Cupcakes from Tessa the Domestic Diva. Wouldn’t these be perfect at a Mother’s Day brunch table?
Chocolate Cinnamon Chia Pudding from Hunter’s Lyonesse. A great twist on classic chia pudding, with heart-healthy fats for your mom!
Mocha Avocado Smoothie from Screaming Sardine. What mom wouldn’t love this rich, creamy treat?
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
The Best Gluten-Free Drop Biscuits from Part-Time Health Nut. I’m a sucker for anything scone or biscuit-like. Mmm!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Raw Lemon Bars from Oatmeal with a Fork. Fits perfectly with my new focus on “raw”–thanks, all, for choosing this one, too! 🙂
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products.Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky. 🙂
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
DDD READERS: It May Be Time To Update Your Subscription!
I know that many of you, like me, read your favorite blogs via Google Reader. Well, if that’s how you keep up with DDD, be warned that Google Reader is closing down as of November 1, 2013! (I know–boo hoo). I am always so grateful for your visits and your comments on the blog and I don’t want you to lose touch!
To ensure that you continue to receive notices whenever I add a new blog post–or to get updates on the new cookbook or other happenings here at DDD–you can easily subscribe via email. That way, you won’t miss a thing! Just click here to receive every new DDD post right in your Inbox. Thanks so much for reading. 🙂 (And if any of you know of other good readers to use, please feel free to share in the comments!).
© Ricki Heller 2013.