Happy Thursday, everyone, and Happy Wellness Weekend! I’m amazed at how the summer is just flying by (especially since here in Toronto, it’s barely begun. . . we’ve had such weird weather so far!). Once again last week you amazed me with all the fabulous recipes. I think summer would be a great time to have a massive pot luck in which we all share these dishes in a huge park somewhere, wouldn’t it? A gal can dream. . . .
- Don’t miss this morning’s post–a quick and easy soft-serve “Bluster” (my knock-off on a DQ Blizzard) with chocolate crisps and chocolate sauce! With just a few ingredients, it’s ready in about 5 minutes and is unbelievably rich and creamy. I’ve just got to show you:
I share the recipe on the Attune blog today. So great for the warmer weather!
- Did you miss the Yoso giveaway from earlier this week? Yoso is an incredible dairy-free and vegan coconut-based yogurt that I just loved. Enter to win a pack of each of their flavors–or just check out my recipe for Cherry-Oat Pancakes–on this post.
- Here are some great “Cheesy Tips” on going dairy-free–how to replace cheese in your diet! From Go Dairy Free.
- Thinking about lowering sugar intake and creating healthier desserts? My upcoming book, Naturally Sweet and Gluten-Free, contains recipes free of gluten, dairy, eggs–and all are made with low glycemic sweeteners. I can’t wait to share this book with you when it’s published in September! For now, though, you can preorder on amazon (and get their low price guarantee!).
- I didn’t make it to the BlogHer Food conference this year, but my friend Christy took notes and offers some helpful tips from the sessions she attended.
- Let’s connect on Instagram! I just started playing with this photo site a couple of weeks ago when I got my first-ever smartphone. I’d love to see you over there if you’re on it, too! Or we can link up on Pinterest and Facebook, too (and there’s a special Pinterest board just for Wellness Weekend posts, so you can find all the recipes from previous weeks over there).
Do you have a blog linky event or giveaway you’d like me to mention? I also will occasionally mention new courses that bloggers offer their readers. Send me an email with the details to dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom and I’ll include three or four each week. Please note that I cannot always accommodate all requests.
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks:
This week’s picks all focus on the theme “simple salads.” Because really, what’s better in summertime? 😉
Strawberry Spinach Chia Seed Salad from Practical-Stewardship. What an intriguing combination of ingredients in a salad–gotta try this one.
Simple Mint & Arugula Salad with Radishes from Rebel Grrrl Kitchen. Yum. Such simple ingredients–such great flavors!
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo from Oatmeal with a Fork. Nothing like a good comforting pasta dish–made healthier!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products.Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky. 🙂
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
DDD READERS: It May Be Time To Update Your Subscription!
I know that many of you, like me, read your favorite blogs via Google Reader. Well, if that’s how you keep up with DDD, be warned that Google Reader is closing down as of November 1, 2013! (I know–boo hoo). I am always so grateful for your visits and your comments on the blog and I don’t want you to lose touch!
To ensure that you continue to receive notices whenever I add a new blog post–or to get updates on the new cookbook or other happenings here at DDD–you can easily subscribe via email. That way, you won’t miss a thing! Just click here to receive every new DDD post right in your Inbox. Thanks so much for reading. 🙂 (And if any of you know of other good readers to use, please feel free to share in the comments!).
© Ricki Heller 2013.