Happy Thursday, everyone! Hope you are having a great week. Well, it’s about to get better, anyway: time for Wellness Weekend! As always, thank you to all of you for dropping by and sharing your incredible recipes. I love seeing what you cook up each week!
- Janet at The Taste Space is giving away a copy of The Great Vegan Bean Book by Kathy Hester. This sounds like SUCH a great book! Hop over to Janet’s blog to enter–runs until June 30th.
- It’s ice cream season–but who wants all that sugar and saturated fat? Here are some of my best tips for sweetening your dairy-free ice creams naturally, over at The Balanced Platter.
- Win a Navitas Naturals Superfood package worth $200 from The Blender Girl! These are fabulous natural ingredients that I use all the time and just love. To enter, visit Tess’s blog. Runs until June 30th.
- Did you catch my Grain-Free, High-Protein Raw Cookie Dough Snack yesterday? A delicious cookie dough that’s also sugar-free, and totally safe to eat raw!
- Don’t forget about the dedicated Wellness Weekend Pinterest Board! Is there a recipe you’d like to save? Be sure to check the board, too!
Do you have a blog linky event or giveaway you’d like me to mention? I also will occasionally mention new courses that bloggers offer their readers. Send me an email with the details to dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom and I’ll include three or four each week. Please note that I cannot always accommodate all requests.
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks:
This week’s picks all focus on the theme “real food treats.”
Real Whole Food Fudgsicles from Find Your Balance. Seriously, could there be anything better than healthy chocolate? 😉
Blueberry Muffin Bites from Gluten Free Happy Tummy. I love quick snacks–especially when they’re made of good-for-you ingredients.
Orange Gogi Berry Better than Newtons from Veggie V. I agree–much better than Newtons!
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Chickpea Flour Pancakes with Cauliflower and Shitake Mushrooms from Vegan Richa. These pancakes made a huge splash on Pinterest, too–rightfully so!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Nut-Free Raw Carrot Cupcakes with Apple-Cashew Frosting from The Taste Space. Don’t these look decadent? And yet. . . healthy! Yay!
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products.Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky. 🙂
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
DDD READERS: It May Be Time To Update Your Subscription!
I know that many of you, like me, read your favorite blogs via Google Reader. Well, if that’s how you keep up with DDD, be warned that Google Reader is closing down as of November 1, 2013! (I know–boo hoo). I am always so grateful for your visits and your comments on the blog and I don’t want you to lose touch!
To ensure that you continue to receive notices whenever I add a new blog post–or to get updates on the new cookbook or other happenings here at DDD–you can easily subscribe via email. That way, you won’t miss a thing! Just click here to receive every new DDD post right in your Inbox. Thanks so much for reading. 🙂 (And if any of you know of other good readers to use, please feel free to share in the comments!).
© Ricki Heller 2013.