Happy Thursday, everyone, and happy Wellness Weekend! (I love when the weekend starts early, especially in summer–don’t you?).
Thanks to everyone who left comments last week about Instagram and how it works. It’s always fun to learn something new! And thanks, too, for all your amazing recipes. 🙂
This week’s newsy tidbits involve some great food and an ebook deal!
- In case you missed it this morning, my latest Attune recipe for Zucchini and Corn Fritters with Dilled Cashew Sour Cream is up on their blog. Zucchini and corn are both quintessential summer veggies, in my opinion–and these fritters combine both with a light, creamy dilled sour cream. I made a batch of mini fritters as well and took them to a pot luck–they were snapped up in no time!
- I have never bought an ebook bundle and I am not an affiliate, but I saw this latest deal all over Facebook and thought it would be of interest to some DDD readers! If you’re a blogger or other kind of writer–or aspire to be one–this ebook bundle is on sale for only $7.40. Sounds like a good deal to me!
- Heather of Healthy Eating Starts Here features a list of healthy BBQ recipes on her blog. All plant-based, with lots of grill-friendly fare (including a burger from yours truly!).
- I’m SO excited to share this one! My recipe for Blueberry, Quinoa and Kale Salad was featured today on Kathy Freston’s Daily Lean newsletter! I have admired Freston for years and have followed her on Oprah, Ellen and more–so this is truly thrilling for me. Check out the summery salad here.
- Are you on social media? Let’s connect! I’m on twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and now Instagram, too. C’mon over and say “hi” and let me know if you’re there, too!
Do you have a blog linky event or giveaway you’d like me to mention? I also will occasionally mention new courses that bloggers offer their readers. Send me an email with the details to rickiATrickihellerDOTcom and I’ll include three or four each week. Please note that I cannot always accommodate all requests.
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks:
This week’s picks all focus on the theme “beverages & smoothies.” What’s more summery than a cold drink?
Apricot and Almond Smoothie with a touch of Cardamom from Coconut & Berries. I love how cardamom adds a subtle sweetness to drinks. This one sounds fabulous!
Mango, Stawberry Sunrise Smoothie from Healthy Body Equals Healthy Mind. Doesn’t that combination just scream, “summer”?
Yeast Free Aqua Fresca de Pepino from Yeast Free Living. Our adorable drink model certainly seems to be enjoying this cucumber drink!
If you’re looking for other beverage & smoothie recipes, you can check out some of mine on the blog, too:
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Smokey Quinoa and Lentils from My Munchable Musings. I think this would be an ideal comforting supper!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Gooey Peanut Butter Banana Sandwich from Sift, Stir, and Savour. So simple, and sounds so good. I mean, it’s got “gooey” in the name! 😉
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on twitter, Facebook and Pinterest, too! Wellness Weekend even has its own Pinterest board so you can keep track of each week’s links. Check it out right here.
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products.Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky. 🙂
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never Miss a Recipe–or a Comment from the Dogs!
To ensure that you continue to receive notices of new blog posts, to get updates on the new cookbook or other happenings here at DDD–you can easily subscribe via email. Just fill in the “subscribe” form here. After you confirm your subscription (you’ll receive an email letting you know you’ve subscribed), you’ll be set to receive every new DDD post right in your Inbox (plus my upcoming newsletter–hoping to start in the fall!–with more tips, information and photo highlights that won’t appear on the blog). Thanks so much for reading. 🙂
© Ricki Heller 2013.