Hi Everyone! With summer upon us full force, have you been drinking as much iced tea as I am? I have a great recipe I use for a healthy variation that’s almost like Kool-Aid! See the Newsy Tidbits for the link to the recipe. 🙂
And there were certainly beverages a-plenty in last week’s event, too, from a delightful Homemade Shirley Temple to Copycat Perfect Pear Juice to a gorgeously green Iced Pear Smoothie. Yum.
Summer is time for relaxation! But there are still some fun events going on for you to check out.
- Looking for a healthy summertime beverage that will quench your thirst and support your health all at the same time? Here’s a healthy “Cool Aid” from Lexie’s Kitchen. I’ve been guzzling this stuff!
- And speaking of beverages, The Blender Girl and Karen Kipp are hosting a free Three-Day Juice Cleanse (or Fast) via a free Facebook group. It starts July 19th and runs 3 days. I’m going to participate! You can check it out and get more details here.
- Who says you can’t have amazing desserts on an allergy-friendly diet? (Well, that’s the whole point of my upcoming book, isn’t it?) 😀 Here’s a list of 75+ desserts (note not all are vegan or whole foods) on Something Swanky. And thanks for including my Chocolate-Chip Cheesecake Filled Cupcakes, Chocolate Whoopee Pies and Oatmeal-Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Cookies in the roundup!
Do you have a blog linky event or giveaway you’d like me to mention? I also will occasionally mention new courses that bloggers offer their readers. Send me an email with the details to rickiATrickihellerDOTcom and I’ll include three or four each week. Please note that I cannot always accommodate all requests.
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks:
This week’s picks all focus on the theme “summer salads.”
Watermelon Cucumber Salad from The Allergic Kid. So fresh and lovely! I love anything with watermelon, but this looks especially wonderful.
Flavour Face Punch Bean Salad from Fit Face. A great combination of legumes and veggies in a super colorful salad!
Gorgeous Golden Beet Salad from Find Your Balance. I love (lurve!) beets. And what better way to enjoy them than in gorgeous salad?
If you’re looking for other salad recipes, you can check out some of mine on the blog, too:
- Beet the Heat and Mint Salad (another Find Your Balance inspiration!)
- Broccoli Salad with Creamy Mustard Dressing
- Raw Kale and Avocado Salad
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Thai Mung Bean Felafels from Tessa the Domestic Diva. I love the idea of using mung beans in these. Such a great twist from the regular chickpeas!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
No Fuss Lunchbox Fudge from Healthy Life Lessons. Do we need more of an incentive than “no fuss” and “fudge” in the same recipe? 😉
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on Facebook, Pinterest, twitter and Instagram, too! Wellness Weekend even has its own Pinterest board so you can keep track of each week’s links. Check it out right here.
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products.Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky. 🙂
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never Miss a Recipe–or a Comment from the Dogs!
To ensure that you continue to receive notices of new blog posts, to get updates on the new cookbook or other happenings here at DDD–you can easily subscribe via email. Just fill in the “subscribe” form here. After you confirm your subscription (you’ll receive an email letting you know you’ve subscribed), you’ll be set to receive every new DDD post right in your Inbox (plus my upcoming newsletter–hoping to start in the fall!–with more tips, information and photo highlights that won’t appear on the blog). Thanks so much for reading. 🙂
© Ricki Heller 2013.