Hi Everyone, and Happy Wellness Weekend! The summer is moving along and looks like many of you are taking advantage of the slower, more relaxed pace. . . sounds pretty great to me.
To keep us all outside as much as possible and cooking as little as possible, last week’s event included loads of quick or no-cook recipes. So of course, shakes, ice creams and raw treats topped the list! Check out all the recipes here.
Summer events and giveaways continue, too! Here are some things I found this week:
- It’s tomato season! If you’ve got a bounty of tomatoes, this roundup by 4Virtu lists 50 recipes (many vegan) for you to try. And thanks so much for including my Freeform Tomato Tart with Goat Cheese and Basil!
- Do you drink packaged milk alternatives? I do use them, but more and more I’ve been making my own and reserving the boxes for those times when I run out of ingredients or just don’t have the time. You’ll be surprised at how easy it is to make your own–see these tips and recipes on The Balanced Platter.
- Here’s a great summer BBQ primer (with options for the best vegan grillers included) from Go Dairy Free.
- The Raw Food Thursdays Event continues at Gluten Free Cat! I’m going to link up my Raw S’mores. . . be sure to link up if you have raw food recipes to share!
Do you have a blog linky event or giveaway you’d like me to mention? I also will occasionally mention new courses that bloggers offer their readers. Send me an email with the details to rickiATrickihellerDOTcom and I’ll include three or four each week. Please note that I cannot always accommodate all requests.
PLEASE DO NOT ADD YOUR GIVEAWAYS OR CONTESTS TO THE LINKYS BELOW–THEY ARE FOR RECIPES ONLY.
This Week’s Picks:
This week’s picks all focus on the theme “frozen treats.”
Pineapple Mango Creamsicles & Mixed Berry Ice Pops from One Small Vegan. I love the tropical flavors in these–what a treat!
Raw Coconut Rose & Raspberry Ice Cream Sandwiches from Detached and Connected. Another fabulous raw treat with my favorite berries!
Carrot Cake Popsicles from The Healthy Maven. How creative are these?!
If you’re looking for other frozen treats recipes, here are some of my favorites on the blog, too:
- Soft Serve “Healthy” Bluster with Chocolate Crunch and Chocolate Drizzle
- Hazelnut Chocolate Ice Cream
- Blueberry Ice Cream
And This Week’s Readers’ Choices:
Readers’ Choice, Savory:
Anti-Inflammatory Kale Salad from Life Currents. Something this healthy can look this good, too!
Readers’ Choice, Sweet:
Sweet Potato Soft Cream from Eat, Recycle, Repeat. I’m a huge fan of sweet potato in desserts. . . . yum.
Thanks for joining in and sharing all your healthy, sugar-free and vegan recipes. I love seeing what you whip up each week! And I hope you’ll also share on Facebook, Pinterest, twitter and Instagram, too! Wellness Weekend even has its own Pinterest board so you can keep track of each week’s links. Check it out right here.
Here’s How to Participate:
The event occurs once a week, starting Thursdays at 8:00 PM my time and running until the following Monday at midnight.
- Simply link up a vegan recipe you made (and posted about) that contains health-supporting ingredients. This means any good-for-you whole foods, especially those with antioxidant properties or “functional foods” (ie, offering naturally medicinal or health-promoting qualities–such as garlic, coconut oil, all vegetables, fruits, herbs, etc.)–but any fresh, real food is welcome! No-no’s include white flour or sugar, highly processed foods, or animal products. Definite no-no’s include: cane sugar (evaporated or otherwise), sweeteners ending in -itol, margarines, or faux meat products.Items like vegan protein powder, grain or bean flours, or coconut milk are fine even though they are technically “processed,” since they either contain a single ingredient, or could technically be made at home. Also, please note that this is a vegan recipe event. A minor ingredient with a vegan option is fine, but if the main ingredient is intended to be meat or other animal product, your recipe likely belongs in a different link up event.
- This is a recipe event. Your blog post must contain a recipe.
- You may link up older posts from your archives as long as they contain a link to this post. Please do not link up any posts you have previously shared at an earlier Wellness Weekend event.
- Please link the post with your recipe, NOT your blog’s home page or another event page.
- You may submit up to three recipes, but please follow the guidelines for each one individually. ONLY ONE THUMBNAIL FROM EACH BLOG POST, PLEASE. If your post contains two suitable recipes, link up once and people will still see all your fabulous recipes when they click on the linky. 🙂
- Please mention this event and include a link back to this post so that others can find all the recipes posted!
- Feel free to use the blog badge, above (or see the left sidebar of this page–if you need the html code, let me know and I’ll send it to you). Many thanks to Adrienne of Whole New Mom for setting up the badge code for me!
PLEASE NOTE: In order to promote your posts and the event, I like to occasionally tweet, mention on Facebook, or pin your blog post(s). On occasion, I will repost your photos in the following week’s Wellness Weekend as well. If you prefer that I NOT use your photos or links, please let me know in the comments below, or send an email to me at dietdessertdogsATgmailDOTcom. Thanks!
I will reluctantly remove any links that don’t comply. I apologize, but I will no longer be able to leave a comment telling you that I’ve removed a non-compliant link. I hate to have to remove links! PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE POSTING!
And now. . . what have you been cooking up lately? Please share!
Never Miss a Recipe–or a Comment from the Dogs!
To ensure that you continue to receive notices of new blog posts, to get updates on the new cookbook or other happenings here at DDD–you can easily subscribe via email. Just fill in the “subscribe” form here. After you confirm your subscription (you’ll receive an email letting you know you’ve subscribed), you’ll be set to receive every new DDD post right in your Inbox (plus my upcoming newsletter–hoping to start in the fall!–with more tips, information and photo highlights that won’t appear on the blog). Thanks so much for reading. 🙂
© Ricki Heller 2013.