I was tagged by Alisa and Morgyn for a 25 Random Things meme on Facebook. I got a bit carried away. I figure 101 will take care of this meme for a while!
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, write a note with 25 things: facts, habits, or goals that most people don’t know about you. Then choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you.
I’m not going to tag anyone in particular, but consider yourself tagged if you like memes!
1. I have a horrible singing voice, even though I love to sing.
2. When I was a kid, I was in the school choir. The music teacher had a theory that no one is tone deaf, so he let me in anyway.
3. I used to jog a couple of miles a day until I hurt my foot.
4. Now I walk on the treadmill 5-6 times a day.
5. I enjoy walking outdoors with my dogs when the weather is nice, but I walk them even when the weather is crappy.
6. I used to dream of being an actress.
7. I was once in a play at U of T with a 4-day run, and by day 2, I was already bored of reciting the same lines over and over.
8. I was caught speeding on Highway 401 and given a huge fine.
9. Sometimes I wonder about the police, “Why do they stop middle-aged women in beat-up Saturns, but let the 20 year-old guys racing down the highway at 200 mph go by?”
10. I just don’t get the appeal of Julia Roberts.
11. Ditto Jennifer Aniston.
12. I think Jennifer Aniston was treated horribly by Brad and Angelina.
13. I wish I were more assertive.
14. I’d love to learn Mandarin one day, so I could understand what my students are saying in the washroom.
15. I was in the first generation of teens to get multiple piercings. When I went to get a 3rd hole in my earlobe at age 14, a friend and I had to split the cost because no one had ever heard of single earlobe piercings yet and you had to pay for two anyway, since they came in pairs (one for each ear). I still have my 3rd hole; she doesn’t.
16. I learned to drive at age 33.
17. I could not care less about the type of car I drive as long as it gets me where I want to go.
18. I’d like to go back to England one day.
19. I am the least political person I know.
20. I have a mad crush on my dog trainer (hi, Troy!)
21. I have an even madder crush on my HH (kiss kiss hug hug, HH!)
22. I still drink bottled water and feel really guilty about it, but it’s just so darned convenient.
23. I haven’t had coffee in 10 years and don’t miss it at all.
24. My favorite hot beverage is faux coffee with carob soymilk in it.
25. I worry about everything. (Maybe I shouldn’t have written that. Does it give a bad impression? What if it was a mistake? Should I change it?—well, you see what I mean.)
26. I have a double jointed pinkie.
27. I always fold my laundry (including underwear) before I put it in the drawer.
28. I go grocery shopping with a list, but I often ignore it.
29. My favorite color used to be red, but now it’s blue.
30. When I got braces, they had to make special bands for my two front teeth, because they were larger than the largest size they had.
31. I went to French immersion school and am technically bilingual. I can still understand quite a bit, but am shy to speak these days.
32. I took bridge lessons once and really loved it, but haven’t had time to get back to it.
33. My desk is usually a mess. It drives me crazy.
34. I think it’s rude to be late when you’re meeting a friend.
35. I have a very low tolerance for dishonesty.
36. Sometimes I can’t believe I’ve been in a relationship with the same person for over 12 years.
37. When I look in the mirror sometimes, I see my mother. When the heck did that happen??
38. I look more like my mother than my father.
39. People used to ask my sister and me if we were twins (there’s 4 years between us).
40. I got asked for ID at bars until I was 29.
41. I had my first martini when I was 25.
42. I have weird spider karma. I hate them, but they always seem to find me.
43. I once stepped on a spider barefoot in my cousin’s TV room.
44. A spider once dropped down from the ceiling right at eye level in front of me while I was reading a book.
45. I get freaked out by the fact that each of us supposedly eats 8 spiders in our lifetime without knowing it while we’re sleeping.
46. I love handmade gifts more than anything else.
47. I really don’t like the look of diamonds. This has worked out well for the two guys I’ve lived with over the years.
48. I love non-faceted stones like opals, tigers eye, etc.
49. I wish I were better at gardening, because I enjoy it.
50. I don’t think I could ever work at a 9-to-5 job again after teaching for all these years.
51. I am a morning person.
52. I prefer the toothpaste cap on.
53. I love the fact that dogs try to understand what you mean when you talk to them.
54. I love the way dogs tilt their head to the side when they’re trying to understand what you mean when you talk to them.
55. I can’t watch scary movies because they give me nightmares.
56. I’d love to have a cameo on my soap opera.
57. Four plays in two days in NYC sounds just about right to me.
58. I wish I lived somewhere without winter.
59. The best part of winter is the first hour after a snowfall, when it’s still soft and white.
60. The second best part of winter is watching your dogs romp in the fresh snow in the back yard.
61. I wish I were more dog-like in many ways.
62. I don’t wear high heels, and never could walk in them, anyway.
63. I think Goldie Hawn looks great for her age, even with plastic surgery.
64. I think Meg Ryan’s choice of plastic surgeon was a big mistake.
65. Because I have a chronic condition in my eyes, I can’t ever have plastic surgery.
66. I also can’t wear contact lenses or eye makeup any more but wish I could.
67. I have 5 pairs of eyeglasses.
68. I was surprised to discover that I love leafy greens.
69. In my 20s, I never wore a hat in winter because it made my hair flat.
70. Now I don’t care what I look like as long as I’m warm.
71. I find these types of memes to be very self-indulgent, yet somehow compelling.
72. I think I could bake something every day for the rest of my life and never get tired of doing it.
73. I amazed myself by baking for 16 hours a day for 3 years when I had my business.
74. Some of the most generous and friendly folks I’ve ever met were those I encountered when I was in the organic baking business.
75. I’ve known 4 of my 5 closest friends since before I was 7 years old.
76. I’ve known two of my closest friends longer than I’ve known my younger sister.
77. I have fairly skinny fingers.
78. My fingers are the only skinny things about me.
79. In high school, my hair was so long that I’d sit on it when I sat down on a chair.
80. After I graduated high school, I cut my hair really short for the first time. I was so excited that I ran out of the salon and forgot to take the ponytail she’d cut off and saved for me.
81. Most of my adult life, my hair has been only about 2 inches long.
82. I have sensitive hearing and always have to turn the TV down when I watch with my honey.
83. During the night, when one of the dogs comes into the bedroom and lies down, it’s often enough to wake me up.
84. As a kid, I drew comics on paper towels.
85. I still have the comics I drew in a box somewhere in our basement.
86. I rarely read a book more than once, but I can’t bear to part with any of the books I’ve bought.
87. I love wit because it’s the best combination of intelligence and humor.
88. Wit is great, but sometimes you just want to be totally, childishly, silly.
89. I just don’t get people who don’t like chocolate.
90. I used to smoke a pack a day and just quit one day about 10 years ago.
91. I don’t miss smoking at all.
92. If someone told me I had to quit chocolate, I’m not sure I could do it.
93. I’m amazed by ballet dancers and figure skaters because they’re so graceful.
94. I do my best writing first thing in the morning when I get up, or really, really late at night before I go to sleep.
95. I keep a notebook by my bedside so I can write down stuff that occurs to me as I’m drifting off to sleep.
96. I try to be an optimist as much as possible, but it’s not my natural inclination.
97. I almost never take risks, and it usually takes me a long time to reach a decision.
98. If I hadn’t asked my honey out on a date, we would have never ended up together.
99. I wish I didn’t need to have a cell phone.
100. I wish I were more tech-savvy.
101. I think this type of meme is pretty easy to write once you get into a groove and I could probably come up with 200 things. . . but I won’t.